As used in this Policy, a “Visitor” is an individual who visits a AcornCloud Site or www.acorncloud.net, but who has registered with AcornCloud, a “Member” is an individual who has an account with AcornCloud and can build an Application, and an “End User” is an individual who is a user of Application created on AcornCloud by the Member.
What information do we collect?
AcornCloud will collect your information only to provide personalized service or to make your experience better and fulfill your requirements. AcornCloud collects information in three ways a) information provided by you, b) information collected automatically from the cookies, and c) the information obtained by third parties. We will discuss all three scenarios extensively below.
Information Provided by You
- Conversation with AcornCloud: We try to improve your customer experience and interactions with the team by documenting, evaluating, and using your interactions with us, including email, phone, and chat conversations with our sales and customer service representatives.
- Account Sign-up/Log-in: To complete the account signup process, we ask for details such as your name, phone number, email address, business name, and country when you sign up for an account using one or more of our services. You will set the password for your account, to access it in the future. A unique and confidential link will be shared to the registered email id, in case you forgot your password and wish to reset. However not necessary but you might also provide us with additional information during sign-up such as an image, time zone, and your preferred language
- Form Submission: We collect your information when you submit a form for one or all reasons listed here; a) to subscribe to our mailing list or newsletter, b) submit a form to download any resource, c) register to attend an event organized by us, b) to reach our customer services division for support, e) contact us for any purpose, f) fill a survey, and g) provide your feedback.
- Testimonials: Whenever you provide your feedback or testimonial to our products or services, we will ask your permission to post your response on our website or collaterals. With your consent, we can use your name and other information in the testimony. You can reach out to us a [email protected] in case you wish to modify, delete, or change the preferences for the same.
Information that We Collect Automatically
- Information from browsers, devices, and servers: We may collect information that is made available to us by your web browser, mobile device, and server when you visit our website. The information collected might include internet protocol address, browser type, language preference, time zone, referring URL, date and time of access, operating system, mobile device manufacturer, and mobile network information. These will be stored in our log files so that we can understand more about the users who visit our websites.
- Information from cookies and other tracking mechanisms: By tracking your activities on our websites with the use of temporary and permanent cookies, beacons, tags, scripts, and other similar technologies we collect website navigation tracking, collect demographic information, and analyze the campaign’s success. We also use first-party Local Storage Objects (LSOs) such as HTML5 to store content information and preferences to provide certain features. You can learn more about our cookie policies please read our policy.
- Information from activity logs: To fulfill your business requirements and improve our product, we collect information on how to use our products and services and analyze the collected logs with our internal analysis tool. Clicks, scrolls, functionality accessed, access time and frequency, errors generated, performance data, storage used, user settings and configurations, and access devices and their locations are all part of this data.
Information Collected from Third Parties
- Information from our partners: If you express interest to our Partner with regards to our products and services or are an existing customer of our Partner, in that case, a partner might share your name, email address, company name, and other information with AcornCloud. Your details can be shared with us if you register for or attend a AcornCloud-sponsored event. If you leave a comment on one of our products or services, AcornCloud can collect information about you from review sites, as well as from other third-party service providers that help us sell our products.
- Referrals: If you share with us information about someone else, or if someone else gives us information about you, we can only use it for the intent for which it was given to us. You can reach out to us a [email protected] in case you wish to modify, delete, or change the preferences for the same.
- Information from social media sites: We can gather publicly accessible information, including profile information, if you communicate or engage with us on social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and Instagram by tweets, messages, questions, and other interactions. This allows us to connect with you better understand user reactions and issues and develop our products accordingly. We must remind you that once this information has been obtained, it will stay with us even though you delete it from social networking pages.
Purposes for Collecting the Information
We collect the information for the following reasons:
- To enhance your user experience, provide you with customized responses and information to fulfill your needs and requirements;
- To provide you information about the subscribed services and products, and any notice of changes in any policy;
- To update you about upcoming software version releases, new features added in to existing products and services, new products and services, upcoming webinars, and events, offers, promotions and other information that we think will be of interest to you;
- To create and manage your account, as well as to perform all other tasks necessary to provide our services, such as supporting teamwork, and backing up and restoring your data;
- To develop a deeper understanding of how consumers engage with our products and services, to track and avoid difficulties, and enhance our products and services;
- To offer customer service and to evaluate and enhance our communication and interactions with customers;
- To invite you to take part in surveys or have reviews on our products and services;
- To track and discourage fraudulent purchases and other unlawful conduct, to monitor spam, and defend AcornCloud, AcornCloud’s customers, third parties, and the general public’s rights and interests;
- Update, extend, and review our data, find new clients, and provide goods and services that might be of benefit to you;
- To better understand what visitors are looking for and to better assist them, we evaluate patterns, manage our websites, and monitor user navigation on our websites;
- To keep track of and develop advertisement and marketing strategies, as well as to make recommendations that are important to the customer.
Legal Bases for Collecting and Using Information
Any of our data gathering and processing practices are guided by either contractual necessity, due to one or more valid interests of AcornCloud or a third party, or by your approval; by following data security rights and interests. You have the right to revoke your consent at any moment, although this would have no impact on any processing that has already occurred. You can reach out to us a [email protected] in case you wish to modify, delete, or change the preferences for the same.
Your Choice in Use of Information
- Opt-out of non-essential Communication: By using the ‘unsubscribe’ feature provided with all such messages, you can opt-out of receiving newsletters and other non-essential messages. However, any essential notices and information will be communicated to you via email.
- Optional information: You have a choice of not sharing non-mandatory information, you can also delete or edit your optional profile data. When submitting any form connected to our websites, you can still opt out of filling in optional fields.
- Disable Cookie: Before visiting our websites, you have a choice to turn off cookies in your browser. However, you will be unable to access all the features of the websites if you do so.
Who Do We Share Your Information With?
AcornCloud provides you with the following rights:
- Right to access: You have the right to see (and, if necessary, get a copy of) the types of personal information we keep about you, as well as the information’s source, meaning, and processing time, as well as the people with whom the information is shared.
- Right to rectification: You have the right to edit or correct any errors in the details we have about you. You can advise us to add supplementary information about you to our database based on the reason for which we need your information.
- Right to erasure: If your personal information is no longer used for the reason for which it was initially provided you have the right to suggest that we delete it.
- Right to restriction of processing: For legitimate reasons you possess the right to restrict the use of certain information in certain situations.
- Right to data portability: In cases where the information is stored with your permission or through electronic processes, you have the right to have it transferred to a third party in a standardized, widely used, and machine-readable format.
- Right to object: In such cases, such as when your personal data is used for direct marketing, you have the right to object to its use.
Retention of Information
We will remove or anonymize the information from our active databases until we no longer have a valid need to process it. We’ll still keep the data safe and isolate it from further processing on backup discs until it’s time to delete it.
Change in Policy